2/14/2014

Chips Ahoy!

I am now a week out from Moab, and one thing I have yet to curb is my appetite. In particular Chips Ahoy, mostly because I am cramming them into my face right now as I type this, and I CAN'T STOP!!!!! This week was more of a forced taper than I would have liked because of schedule.  But I am sure I wont be complaining about it come next Saturday.

The best thing about this winter is being able to run with the Wranglers.  It has opened my eyes to what I though could be done.  To see and meet so many great people has been awesome.  I love this group, with so many people who just love to run and have fun. Here are some pictures from January.

Cy and Me at Snowbird, coming up from Tibble Fork.

Wranglers @ Mount Olympus

American Fork Canyon

Dennis
Me on the Alpine Loop

Last week I got the chance to do something that I have always wanted to do.  I wanted to run Lake Mountain from the house and back.  I remember when I first started running I stumbled upon a blog post that was talking about the very same thing.  I always wondered if I would be able to just pickup and head out.

Well it happened last week.  The Wranglers were heading out to Lake Mountain for some good ole fashioned fun. Some where planning on doubles and even more.  I decided I would meet the second group at 7am for my assent.  I left the house at around 5:40 and headed toward the mountain.  I felt a little dorky with so much gear, but no one was awake anyways.

View of Lake MTN

Back to Home
Well its always true that Wrangler Runs never disappoint. It was perfect timing for my run, I even found this sign!


It felt great to get something off of the bucket list and bag 24 miles at the same time.  Not to mention that the run felt fantastic! Well needless to say I am hoping of a much better time for Moab this year.  6 hours and 30 min was a bit sad.  I am sure I will do better with nutrition and I feel like I am better trained.  If nothing else the weather should prove to be a massive boost.  I am ready to be out of the cold if only for a few days!


No comments: